Started in the early years of 21st century the Center started its function and activities on a small scale, from a modest town house situated in Tsu-shi Edobashi Kuromiya. But the Board of Trustees of the Islamic Center aspired to build a new impressive Center in a way suiting its prestigious position and the important Islamic role it plays, and also, to be one of the landmarks of Tsu City. Thus, an overall project comprising a Masjid, a house, a kitchen, and residence for its Imams was planned. The Board of Trustees directed their attention to start with the first phase of this project: The Masjid of Mie-Ken.
History of Mie-Ken & Muslims Cultural and Islamic needs:
Mie Prefecture , is a prefecture of Japan which is part of the Kansai regions on Honshū island. The capital is the city of Tsu. And the total Land area is 5,777.22 km² with a population of 1,855,177. Muslim community is about 600-700 in Mie-ken and there was no Masjid or cultural center for Muslims to fulfill their Islamic & cultural needs. Starting from 2000-01 in Mie University Muslim student population was about 50-60 and they use to pray and do cultural activities in a rented room in Tsh-shi Edobashi Kuromiya. Then it was registered as Mie Islamic Culture Center in Home Office in 2004-05. The Muslim population increased since then and the requirements of cultural and Islamic activities grew also with the people and then MICC decided to get a new and a bigger place for Muslim community to fulfill needs of Mie-ken Muslims as well as Japanese Muslim community & non-muslims in larger perspective.
MAKING OF MICC NEW BUILDING (2008-09):
Mie Masjid was established from August/September 2008 to April 2009.
- Prophet MUHAMMED (peace be upon him) said what is meant by He who builds a masjid for ALLAH, ALLAH will build for him a house in the paradise
- For Learning Islam, Quran, Hadith, Arabic Language, Jummah prayer, Ramadhan Taraweeh & Eid Prayers.
- Islamic education program for children & adults.
- Center of Dawah, silaturahim, etc.
Who are committee members?
- Bro. Noor Badshah (Pakistan)
- Bro. Abid Hasan (Pakistan)
- Bro. Farzan (Sri Lanka)
- Bro. Ziaullah Gul (Pakistan)
- Bro. Sheikh Iqbal (Pakistan)
- Bro. Rafique Deen (Sri Lanka)
- Bro. Mezanur rehman (Bangladesh)
- Bro. Shahriman (Malaysia)
- Bro. M.Javed (Pakistan)
- Bro. Haji Reaz
- Bro. Jamal Alhassan (Sudan)
- Bro. Shah Iran
- Bro. Nawawi (Indonesia)
- Bro. Ahmad (Yemen)
- Bro. Adil (Egypt)
- Bro. Ajmal (Sri Lanka)
- Bro. Bilal Husen (Bangladesh)
- Bro. Hafizi (Malaysia)
- Bro. Isha (Malaysia)
- Bro. Rudi (Indonesia)
- Bro. Imam (Sri Lanka)
- Bro. Abdul Latif (Morocco)
- Bro. Fadel (Malaysia)
- Bro. Aziz (Pakistan)
Meeting at Old Masjid (Edobashi Kuromiya apato) on January/February 2009. From right, standing: 1) Bro. Aziz, 2)Bro. Deen, 3) Bro. Mizan, 4) Bro. Noor Badshah, 5) Bro. Ahmad, 6) Bro. Fadel, 7) Bro. Jamal, 8 ) Bro. Abid Hasan, 9)Bro. Abdul Latif, and 10) Bro. Ajmal, sitting: 1) Bro. Rudi and 2) Bro. Adil
Community help in finding land & donations
To fulfill needs of the Muslim community and to make a Masjid & a community center in start some students delegation came from Malaysia to guide us and then we contacted different Muslim countries embassies here in japan to let us know about the Muslim community living in japan so we can get help from them in finding a land for the MICC and also collect the donations. After getting the help from the Muslim community we found a land in Tsu-shi and started getting donations to purchase the land & for the renovation work for Masjid.
Establishment cost? About 40 million yen
- Total cost for land and building: 32.5 million yen
- Renovation Cost for masjid: 6.5 million yen
- Renovation Cost for kitchen: 1 million yen
- Individual donation collected from Mie-ken and different Prefectures
- Collected donations from Masjid’s & Muslim community in (Kobe, Nagoya, Gifu, Tokyo, Toyohashi, Yokohama, Kasugai, Osaka, Shizuoka, Suzuka & Shin-Anjou etc)
Collecting donation team for Mie Masjid Project was in front of Otsuka Masjid, Tokyo on August/September 2008. From right, standing: 1) Bro. Adil, 2) Bro. Abid Hasan, 6) Bro. Nawawi; sitting: 1) Bro. Hafizi, 2) Bro. Isha, 3) Bro. Ahmad
Installment of land and building:
- 3.5 million Yen paid on August 05, 2008
- 20 million Yen paid on March 2009
- 3 million Yen on April 2009
- 1.5 million Yen on May/June 2009
- 3 million Yen on July 2009
Final payment was carried out at the house on July 2009. From right: 1) Bro. Abid Hasan, 2) Lawyer, 3) Oya san (the owner) and 4) Bro. Jamal
Renovations of Mie Masjid
Opening ceremony program…After Dhuhur,Sunday April 26 2009